Davidson Accepting Giving Grant Applications
Davidson’s Giving Grant mission is to help others in our communities by providing financial support to non-profit organizations in the Health & Wellness and Education fields. Organizations that fall in these categories are designed to aid individuals and families who are financially disadvantaged, lack access to basic health and human services, or are otherwise disadvantaged and require the assistance of others to meet their basic needs for food, clothing, shelter, medical care and other fundamental needs.
Eligible non-profit organizations may apply for Davidson’s Giving Grants by applying based on the following information and instructions.
· Must be a non-profit organization recognized under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and contributions shall be deductible by donors under section 170 of the Internal Revenue Code.
· Must file an IRS 990 or 990EZ.
· Must be a community-based organization operating in the area of Davidson’s employees’ residence.
· Services rendered by agency must be open to all members of the community regardless of race, religion, political affiliation, ability to pay, or background.
· Agencies intended use of Davidson grant monies and mission must be in-line with the Davidson Giving Grant mission.
· 100% of Davidson Giving Grant monies must be used in the area of Davidson Employee’s residence.
· Agency must meet criteria set forth by Better Business Bureau Wise Giving Alliance Standards for Charity Accountability (see www.bbb.org for details of standards).
· International requests will be handled separately within the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and in coordination with the host nation.
· Non-profit without a current 501(c)(3) status
· Private Foundations
· Public or Private Educational Institutions
· Tax Supported Institutions
· Social Organizations/Committees
· Religious organizations without secular community designation (i.e. must provide services to people regardless of their religious beliefs. Example: A food bank that is a separate 501(c)(3) organization from a church that provides food to anyone who qualifies for services, regardless of religious belief.)
· Agencies that have received a Davidson Giving Grant in the past 24 months.
· Applications for grants must be submitted on a Davidson application form. The forms must be complete and signed by an authorized official as well as the Board President or Chairperson of the applying organization. Additional information (brochures, letters, etc.) about the organization may be attached to the application.
· Grant applications must be completed, signed and returned via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Applications may be submitted at any time, but must be submitted before the deadline for a specific quarterly grant to be considered for that grant.
· Q1 February 21, 2022
· Q3 July 25, 2022
· All applications are subject to an initial screening for eligibility and to ensure required information has been submitted.
· Applying organizations should be prepared to receive a visit from a Davidson representative for the purpose of a “fact finding” interview.
· Applications will remain on file for six months from date of receipt.
· Organizations selected to receive a Davidson quarterly grant will be ineligible for additional consideration for twenty-four months from date grant is received. Please DO NOT re-apply prior to 24 month waiting period.
Congratulations to our 2021 Awardees: